Monday, January 11, 2010

Here's Me Scuffing the Dirt Sheepishly

Well, here we are January 11th, the last day of vacation. Tomorrow I go back to the grind, which means my free time is going to be a lot more limited. Unfortunately, as anticipated, but wishfully argued against, I didn't really put in a lot of writing time during this break. Mostly, I was just lazy, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. But, just a little tiny bit, I was spending quality time with a quality person, and didn't want to say, "Hey, I really have to write for the next two hours so... you know, don't talk to me or anything."

I think I'm one of those people that, if I were a full-time, stay-at-home author, I'd never write anything else. I definitely procrastinate when I have the appearance of a lot of time, whereas if I'm working full-time, I have to schedule my writing time into my life. I'm a little disappointed in myself for it, mostly because it was a lack of willpower, and I think that means I can't just stay at home for my writing. Or, if I do, I'd have to schedule it as a working time during my day.

Anyway, here's the pathetic amount of writing I've done since my last post, and even then I have some major revisions I'm planning (so major I have to go back and change it before I can even move on). One thing I did do, was make character cards because the number of characters is increasing, and I want to keep track of them. I also have a character placement chart in the works, so I can keep track of where they are. It sounds strange written down, but it makes sense to me.

So, anyway...
Previous:
3Tera: 17,847, Goal: 90,000. Progress: 19.8%

Current:
3Tera: 19,042, Goal: 90,000. Progress: 21.1%'

Wow. I am so disappointed in myself. I want to work extra hard the rest of this month to get a move on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment