Friday, December 7, 2012

Quick Update

Sorry I haven't been around all, it's been crazy hectic.  That's the holidays I guess, right?

So, what's on my plate.

As of today, I only reached 12.38% of my word count goal for 2012, of 500,000 words written.  Ehehehe, whoops.  Looking over my progress chart, it's easy to see the large swathes of days where I did no writing.  However, I did reach my mini-goal of completing a new novel for 2012, and that was "Youth".  And I didn't totally poop out, because I had another mini-goal of reaching double digit completion on my word goal - at least 10% - and I did manage to get to 12.38.

I'd like to try and reach the 15% milestone by the end of the year.  I will try.  And the year's not over, maybe I'll write 440,000 words before January 1st (Ha.  Ha.  Ha.).

Anyway, that's where I am, and hope you're all finding more success with your goals than I have!

P.S: It's December, so my Writer's of the Future entry should be judged soon.  NERVOUS!  Will let you know how that does!

4 comments:

  1. Anxious to hear about the WOTF entry.

    As far as goals go, this year I had a similar experience, I think. The only goal I set vis a vis word count was NaNo, where I got a win. But the other goal was to get Freedom Does Matter ready and in the stores, and I fear I've missed that one for this year. Maybe late January.

    But if we met every goal, that would mean we didn't set the bar high enough, right? Right?

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could offer some advice for next year: don't stop with an annual goal. Take your annual goal and make it more granual: down to the weekly level or even daily. It is MUCH easier to meet smaller, more short-term, goals than to focus on a single huge long-term goal. And yet by achieving a bunch of smaller ones, you can also meet a big one.

    And don't forget to take into account days/weeks off, life rolls, etc when you figure out you goal.

    Just a thought.

    Warm Regards,
    Michael Kingswood
    Glimmer Vale - a short, fun, action-packed fantasy adventure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I read your post and subsequently Dean's post. Actually, I have been trying to decide on goals for next year, and I will post soon on it, maybe today, for my nearest goal.

      Delete