Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for South Carolina. There is the potential for work, serious work, there. I need to take the chance. So I took two weeks off of my current job, and I'm trekking down there to hang out with my dad for awhile and blaze through their help wanted ads/sites/postings/offerings.
I'm taking my computer with me, and between applying, I hope to be writing. My stepmom is also very sick, so I intend to help take care of her. (Remember when we fled down there in May? She hasn't gotten better.)
If all goes well, I'll be starting a new job that brings in more dough and eases my financial burden.
If all goes to hell, I'll be returning home, broker than I've ever been.
Some Things That Make Me Believe I Should Leave As Soon As Possible:
1. Rain. Cold, cold, wet, sleety rain. Today. Cold.
2. I ate Chinese for lunch. My fortune: "The only limits to the possibilities in your life tomorrow are the buts you use today."
3. My birthday was yesterday, but I forgot to renew my car's tags. As I was driving over to my mom's for a last minute hair cut, I remembered. I realized I forgot to renew them 3 minutes before 5pm. I got to the DMV at 5.13pm. Tuesday is the only day they are open until 6.30pm! I had $47 in my pocket (thank you birthday money). Tags cost $54.50 (ugh). They don't take plastic, only cash or check (seriously??) My bank had a branch on the corner of the block, across the street. Lucky~
4. A 9~12 hour trip, depending mostly on me, I should probably change my oil beforehand (considering it was about... 6k over the recommended last change? :( ) The oil place snuck me in and I was able to pick up my car thirty seconds before closing time.
5. Dad called, out of nowhere. He said, "She might not make it through the weekend. (long pause) I can't wait to see you tomorrow."
Alright already, I get it! Bye bye Ohio!