Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Few Updates

Okay, so I was supposed to get "Incompatible" up last week and somehow the time got away from me (I blame tryptophan?), so basically FAIL.

This week it is coming your way, fo' sho!

I have a lot of excitement planned, actually, something along the lines of this:

11-30:
Release "Incompatible"

12-7:
Release "Emergence" (Icarus Helix omnibus #1, episodes 1-5), also in this vein, I intend to make "Cheat", Icarus Helix #1, FREE for December. I'll let you know when the word should start being spread :)

12-14:
Release "Frigid" (for reals this time :P see the progress I've made on the side??)

I'm looking at what else I could finish, unfortunately "Youth" may be pushed back to a 2012 release.

Also, and this is quite big news - I quit my job. Now, don't go getting the wrong idea. I'm not flush with cash, nor have I become an uber-rich Indie Success overnight. While November has been my best sales since July, I'm still in the range of about FIVE DOLLARS made (heh).

We've shifted some things about personally/financially and my significant other has magnanimously granted me freedom. In exchange for taking care of a majority of the house chores, and creating and publishing as much original content as I can wrap my brain around, I have the ability to write full-time.

So, I am going to take absolute advantage of this situation! I'm setting my writing goal until the end of the year at 50,000 words. That's 10k/week. Next year, I hope to schedule 520,000 words for the year. Maybe even MORE!

Wish me luck, and look forward to new content :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, JE. (I think congrats are in order...) For a second I was thinking you were the one the three financial guys were fronting for when they picked up the 254M$ lottery. Oh, well.
    Can you shoot me an email, tell me where you got the cute little progress bars?
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a very good move, making Cheat free. Icarus Helix is the ideal sort of product to use a loss leader on. With six episodes ready to go and more in the oven, getting the exposure is your biggest hurdle. Going free on Cheat could definitely do that. It's worked for many others. Here's hoping it works well for you, too!

    Michael Kingswood

    Masters of the Sun - Post Apocalyptic Fantasy

    ReplyDelete