Monday, January 10, 2011

Geeking Out

I just want to put out there, into the digital world, that I am geeking out a little bit.  Why?  I just crossed the 40k marker a few minutes ago.  According to my outline, I have 10k and 6 chapters to go.  Then, this book will be finished.

I feel absolutely amazing right now.  I am almost finished.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel... I can feel the wind kissing my face and hear the birdsong of freedom.

Why freedom?

I feel like this is a very serious turning point for me, when I can finally shake off the last vestiges of doubt from childhood trauma (as pertains to writing).  I felt so much shame over the whole PotP incident (which I have not fully cataloged yet, sorry)... as I said, I felt so much shame over my failings that I haven't completed a serious work since.  In fact, in the roughly 12-14ish years since then, I have finished only 1 short story.  What a waste of time on my part!  Oh, hindsight, you are truly 20-20.

Finally getting up the courage to tell the story, and to the wide world of strangers (aka: internet) was a huge step.

I feel like walking around and laughing with every person I meet.  I want to share my jubilation with the world!

I am almost finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I must be a good writer, look how many exclamation points I used!)

No comments:

Post a Comment