Thursday, January 6, 2011

Exciting at the End

Ever read a book and realize SO MUCH happens at the end?  I feel like the lion's share of the action is really coming in the last half.  This worries me a little, for if it's not gripping enough in the second half, it may be put aside.  I've put a number of books aside for this reason (it's just not picking up and I can't slog through it anymore!).  I don't feel my story is doing this, not entirely, but then, I'm biased.

One of my good friends gave me an excellent criticism about the story.  I have almost finished the first draft, and it is something I will keep foremost in my thoughts when I start my serious revisions.

My fiance also gave me a very good criticism today... it made me laugh a little.  "All your characters sound so... smart!"  "I'm smart," I answered.  "Yeah, well, all your characters can't be, too."  This will also be good to know during revision time :)

It's nice to have amazing friends (and fiances)!  And by that, I mean friends (and fiances) who tell you honestly there is a problem, not just pat you on the back and say good job.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing all the right things and have a fantastic attitude, can't wait to read it, Medrick.

    An E-Publisher's Manifesto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hope it lives up to your standards! :)

    ReplyDelete