Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Moving Forward...

My head has been an absolute whirlwind the past few days!

I think I've finally settled down into a long-term mindset. I know everyone says, "This isn't a sprint - it's a marathon!" but the fact is, my bills don't feel the same way. For them, this race was over yesterday (plus interest!)

I'm engaged and one of the stipulations for accepting the engagement was that it had to be at least 2 years long, because I wanted to pay off my debts before tying the knot (Or: I want to start the marriage with a clean slate.)

I'm 26. I want kids someday. I don't want to be 50 and changing MY kid's diapers (grandkids, maybe okay). I don't really want to wait 2 years, I love my fiance and he's nothing but good for me.

For now, I'm just going to "Keep on keepin' on". After my initial crazy settled down, I can think about the whole publishing thing more rationally, and how I need to move onto Phase 2 (It looks a lot like Phase 1)

Phase 2: WRITE MORE!!!

8 comments:

  1. I thought I was at the wrong blog for a second! I like the new layout Medrick!

    I hear ya on wanting to be out of debt. I wanted the same thing, but somehow we continued on the debt cycle. Once you're out; Stay out!

    How are things going with Shackled? Did you lower the price?

    Angeline Kace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angeline :)

    My other template was so gloomy...

    Plus, this allows for me to put my book link over on the side :) Orange is also my favorite color!

    I see-sawed for a bit, but I've settled at $2.99 and WALK AWAY! We'll see how well that does it for me :)

    Anyone who wants to help, visit the link to the left and hit "t" twice, add and save all those tags - would do me a big favor! (And if you do it, put a link to your book, and I'll do the same for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, if you tag all 15 tags that would help the most... but I'll take what I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tagged them all! Haven't read it so I didn't know what to add for any new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much!! Remind me to tag yours when it comes out in the spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did it. :) If you wanna hook up my short stories, you can find the links on the short stories tab in my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael, I didn't see a link for Falling Softly and How NOT to Rescue a Damsel didn't have any tags on Amazon :O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grr.... I entered some. What's going on? Must...check...

    ReplyDelete